The bbPress forum plugin is available in Classcaster. bbPress is forum software from the creators of WordPress that allows Classcaster blog owners to add a discussion area to their blogs. To get started with bbPress follow these steps:
- Login to your Classcaster blog
- From your dashboard open plugins
- In the list of available plugins find bbPress and click the activate link
- This turns bbPress on and opens the welcome page
- At the bottom of the welcome page click the link for Forum Settings
- Review the settings. The defaults are fine to keep for now. If you make any changes be sure to click Save Changes
- Find Forums in the left hand menu and select Add New to create your first forum
- Fill out the Create New form with a title and a brief description and click publish to add your first forum
- To create a homepage for your forums click Add New under Pages
- On the Add New Page form just add the title Forums to the page. Leave the body of the page blank. This creates a special page that Classcaster will know to populate with your forums. Remember to click the publish button
- Visit the page at
https://your.blog.classcaster/forumsto see your forums
- Students can login on the Forums page with their CALI accounts to get access to the forums.
You can see the plugin in action at https://community.classcaster.net/. If you have any questions contact Elmer at
emasters AT cali DOT org.